It was over 20 years ago when Sir Mix-A-Lot released “Baby Got Back,” a love letter to bootlicious women everywhere. And men’s obsession with shapely butts has remained strong ever since— Mrs. West-Kardashian has the Instagram hits and followers to prove it.
In fact, you might say that backsides have replaced breasts as our most scrutinized body part. Even a recent study by some evolutionary psychologists have shown many suggestions that men prefer women with fuller butts because it enhances the appearance of the curvature of the spine.
I think that’s enough reason to want to get your butt fuller and rounder – so let’s get to it with the 3 best workouts to get your butt rounder and firmer so that the men keep staring.
1. Heel Raises
Heel raises are excellent for developing a rounder butt. You can use ankle weights or resistance bands to maintain tension for better muscle growth in the glutes and hamstrings.
1. Begin on your hands and knees in a tabletop position. Drive the heel of one foot straight up towards the ceiling, maintaining a 90-degree angle at the knee. At the top of the movement, take a second to flex the glute muscles as you exhale.
2. Inhale as you slowly bring the knee back down, crossing it over the opposite knee.
Tip: For a more intense workout, do 1 to 2 minutes on one leg, then continue with another 1 to 2 minutes on the same leg, but this time extending your leg straight out. Once this 2 to 4 minute set is complete, switch legs.
2. Jump Squats
Jump squats are great for gaining strength and burning fat.
1. To start, slowly lower yourself into a squat making sure your knees don’t pass your toes. This is called the safe-squat position.
2. Next, spring up into a straight jump and land in the same safe-squat position. Repeat this movement continuously for 30 seconds.
3. Single Leg Bridges
Leg bridges are great for your booty and build sexy VS model legs.
1. Lie on your back with one foot flat on the ground and one leg straight up in the air.
2. Exhale as you place your weight into the heel of the foot on the ground and drive your glutes up aiming to make your body straight from shoulder to knee. At the top of the movement, flex your glutes and inhale as you slowly return to start position. Repeat this for 20 repetitions per leg, pulsing at the top for 10 seconds at the end of each set.
(Exercises via Cosmopolitan)